Ph. D. Mathematics, Louisiana State University, 2005
Dissertation: Dynamical Systems with Time Delays
Advisor: Prof. Peter Wolenski
M.S. Mathematics, Louisiana State University, 2001
B.S. Computer Science, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, 1996
My research focuses on the study of conditions for optimality of various optimal control problems under non-smooth settings.
- N. Ortiz-Robinson, V.R. Rios, Forward Euler solutions and weakly invariant time-delayed systems, Abstract and Applied Analysis Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 4818532012. IF: 1.318
- N. Ortiz-Robinson, Necessary conditions for a class of optimal multiprocess problems with equality constraints, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Baltimore, MD, 2010.
- D. Chan, C. Kent, N. Ortiz-Robinson, Convergence results on a second-order rational difference equation with quadratic terms, Adv. Difference Eqns. Vol. 2009 Article: 985161 (2009).
- N. Ortiz-Robinson, A. J. Ellington, Learner-centered strategies and advanced mathematics, PRIMUS, 19 Issue 5 (2009), 463-472. IF:0.494
- N. Ortiz, Existence and a decoupling technique for the neutral problem of Bolza with multiple varying delays. Geometric Control and Nonsmooth Analysis, 248–259, Ser. Adv. Math. Appl. Sci., 76, World Sci. Publ., Hackensack, NJ, 2008.
2014-present Assistant Chair, VCU Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
2013-14 Interim Chair, VCU Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
2009-present Associate Professor, VCU Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
2005-2009 Assistant Professor, VCU Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics