William Terrell, Ph.D.
Emeritus Associate Professor
Ph.D., North Carolina State University
Differential equations, differential-algebraic equations, systems and control theory (mathematical control theory), controllability, observability, stability and stabilization, input-output and state space system representations.
Dr. Terrell’s publications include research papers in the following journals:
- SIAM J. on Control and Optimization;
- SIAM J. on Matrix Analysis and Applications;
- Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing;
- Linear Algebra and its Applications;
- The American Mathematical Monthly;
- IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
Dr. Terrell received a Lester R. Ford award in 2000 from the Mathematical Association of America for a two-part article on systems and control theory in the American Mathematical Monthly.
He is the author of a graduate text: W. J. Terrell, Stability and Stabilization: An Introduction, Princeton University Press, 2009. (https://press.princeton.edu/titles/8962.html).
SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
MAA (Mathematical Association of America)
AMS (American Mathematical Society)
IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)