Marco Aldi, Ph.D.
Director of Graduate Studies
Grace E. Harris Hall, 1015 Floyd Ave., room 4150 and 4182
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Northwestern University, 2007;
- Laurea in Matematica, Universita’ degli Studi, Milano, 2002;
- M.Sc. in Pure Mathematics, University of East Anglia, 2001.
Aldi's research focuses on mathematical problems inspired by physics, using primarily techniques from differential geometry, algebraic geometry, homological algebra and representation theory. Recent work includes generalized geometry, quantum computational complexity, asymptotic combinatorics, Hamiltonian quantization of the sigma-model and categorical foundations of analysis.
- M. Aldi, D. Grandini, "Polynomial Structures in Generalized Geometry", Differential. Geom. Appl. (2022), paper no. 101925.
- M. Aldi, N. de Beaudrap, S. Gharibian, S. Saeedi, "On efficiently solvable cases of quantum k-SAT", Comm. Math. Phys. (2021), no. 1, 209-256.
- M. Aldi, "Arithmetical Semirings", Discrete Math., 342 (2019), no. 7, 2035-2047.
- M. Aldi, A. McCleary, "Darboux Calculus", Involve 12 (2019), no.3, 361-380.
- M. Aldi, R. Heluani, “A complex-symplectic mirror pair”, Int. Math. Res. Not. (2018) no. 22, 6934-6960.
- M. Aldi, A. Perunicic, “p-adic Berglund-Huebsch Duality”, Adv. Theor. Math. Phys. 19 (2015), no. 5, 1115-1139.
- 2019-present, Associate Professor, VCU Dept. of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics.
- 2012-2019, Assistant Professor, VCU Dept. of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics.
- 2010-2012, NSF-FRG Visiting Assistant Professor, Brandeis University Mathematics Dept. (joint appointment with Physics).
- 2007-2010, Charles B. Morrey Assistant Professor, University of California, Berkeley.