- Q&A with Keyla Marquez Capinteyro
- NSF Grant Awarded to Erica Miller
- Lecture at VCU to focus on late-19th-century Indian math savant Ramanujan, ‘The Man Who Knew Infinity’
- Cheyenne Nicholson's winding path to gradation
- Amir Khozaei pursues the American dream with his VCU degree
- Allison Moore 60 Second Intro video
Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
The VCU Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics has 36 full time faculty members, approximately 20 graduate students and about 175 undergraduate math majors.
Our department’s members are committed teachers as well as active and productive mathematical researchers, publishing in peer review journals, publishing books, speaking at conference and seminars regionally, nationally, and internationally, reviewing journal articles, organizing conferences and sessions, and collaborating broadly within the mathematical and scientific communities.
We offer a strong undergraduate and graduate mathematics education with an increasing focus on the development of cross-disciplinary efforts to prepare our students for real-world applications and stimulating career opportunities. Students interested in classical mathematics, teaching, and/or applications in such areas as biology, medicine, engineering, and finance will find an involved and dedicated faculty committed to teaching, research, and to creating an atmosphere in which mathematics is practiced, discussed, and enjoyed. READ MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS