David Chan, Ph.D.
Grace E. Harris Hall, 1015 Floyd Ave., room 4105
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics with a minor in Biomathematics from NC State University
- M.A. in Mathematics from the University of Maine
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from Syracuse University
- Applied mathematics focusing on problems arising in the area of mathematical biology.
Gandhi, Punit; Robert, Michael A.; Palacios, John, Chan, David M. 2022. “Effects of Contact Tracing and Self-Reporting in a Network Disease Model”. Letters in Biomathematics 9 (1), 23–39. https://lettersinbiomath.
journals. publicknowledgeproject.org/ index.php/lib/article/view/491 .
Anthony Frazier, Joethi Silva, Rachel Meilak, Indranil Sahoo, Michael Broda, and David M. Chan, ``Decision Tree-Based Predictive Models for Academic Achievement Using College Students' Support Networks," to appear in Journal of Data Science.
- Reagan, K., Chan, D., Vanhoozer, G., Pryor, R., Doll, M., Godbout, E., Stevens, M., Bearman, G. (2021). Resistors and constipators: Financial impact in an academic medical center, a mathematical model. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, 1-3. doi:10.1017/ice.2021.34
- D.M. Chan, C.M. Kent, D.M. Johnson. Management of Invasive Allee Species. 2017. Letters in Biomathematics. Vol. 4. 167-186.
- Monograph: Application of a Max-Type Difference Equation to Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, Candace Kent, and David M. Chan, published by CRC Press/Taylor \& Francis Group. May 2022.
- The Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences
- Member of the Editorial Board of Spora