Craig Larson, Ph.D.
Grace E. Harris Hall, 1015 Floyd Ave., room 4106
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Houston, 2008 [Advisers: Ermelinda DeLaVina and Klaus Kaiser; Dissertation: "Graph Theoretic Independence and Critical Independent Sets"]
- M.A., Philosophy, University of Houston, 2000
- Size and structure of maximum independent sets in graphs
- Applications of graph theory to chemistry
- Design and use of mathematical conjecture-making programs
- C. E. Larson, and N. Van Cleemput, 2017. Automated conjecturing iii. Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 81(3), pp.315-327.
- C. E. Larson, & N. Van Cleemput, 2016. Automated conjecturing I: Fajtlowicz's Dalmatian heuristic revisited. Artificial Intelligence, 231, 17-38.
- D. J. Klein and C. E. Larson, Eigenvalues of Saturated Hydrocarbons, Journal of Mathematical Chemistry 51(6) 2013, 1608–1618.
- C. E. Larson, The Critical Independence Number and an Independence Decomposition, European Journal of Combinatorics 32(2), 2011, 294–300.
- S. Fajtlowicz and C. E. Larson, Graph-theoretic Independence as a Predictor of Fullerene Stability, Chemical-Physics Letters, 377/5-6, 2003, 485–490.
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- Mathematics Association of America (MAA)
- Institute for Combinatorics and its Applications (ICA), Fellow
- Association for Computing Machinery
- VCU Department of Mathematics and Applies Mathematics, Professor, 2021–present
- VCU Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Associate Professor, 2014–2021
- VCU Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Assistant Professor, 2008–2014
- University of Houston Department of Mathematics, Lecturer, 2000–2008
- Fulbright Research Scholar, Ghent University (Belgium), 2013
- VCU College of Humanities and Sciences Distinguished Teaching Award winner, 2013
- Mathematics Association of America Project NExT Fellow, 2009–2010
- University of Houston Teaching Excellence Award winner, 2006