William Terrell, Ph.D.
Emeritus Associate Professor
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University
Areas of Interest
- Differential equations
- Differential-algebraic equations
- Systems and control theory (mathematical control theory)
- Stability and stabilization
- State space system representations
Dr. Terrell’s publications include research papers in the following journals:
- SIAM J. on Control and Optimization
- SIAM J. on Matrix Analysis and Applications
- Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing
- Linear Algebra and its Applications
- The American Mathematical Monthly
- IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
He is the author of a graduate text: W. J. Terrell, Stability and Stabilization: An Introduction, Princeton University Press, 2009.
- SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
- MAA (Mathematical Association of America)
- AMS (American Mathematical Society)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
- Lester R. Ford award (2000) from the Mathematical Association of America for a two-part article on systems and control theory in the American Mathematical Monthly